0. LH | Auto-Skin backup each step in a data linked to the 3ds Max scene. So, when you re-open a 3ds Max scene not finish, you could continue the work in progress to the step where you were with “Open Data”.
1. Select your skin character/object.
2. Select the master rig nammed:
3. Create envelopes. These envelopes will help the software to understand the volumes to create the sliced character.
Enveloppes character cut
Adjust your envelopes with the “Push” tools (5). You can also improve the accuracy of those by directly modifying their geometry, their scale, their position or rotation.
4. Manage symmetry of your envelopes.
8. Gives you an overview, directly on the skin mesh, of the volume defined by the selected enveloppe.
7. In rare cases, this value can be changed to improve the skinning if, by exemple, units or scale mesh is not regular, and that the finished skinning is not good.
8. Generate the low sliced character/object.
9.Make a preview of skinning.
10/11. Adjust skinning settings with the interface skinning tools, overall and/or member.
12.Finalize your skinning !