CityEngine 2019.1 Release Notes
Visit My Esri to upgrade to CityEngine 2019.1. Are you new to CityEngine? Try it now with a fully functional free trial version.
Interactive design tools
- Guides are now available as a separate tool in the main menu and toolbar. The guide creation was a feature within each of the drawing tools in previous releases.
- You can create guides based on an edge similarly as in the last version. Additionally, guides can be created at a defined distance to an edge by either snapping to a vertex or by specifying an exact offset in the numeric input field.
- Guides support the planar drawing mode in the same way as the other drawing tools.
- Guides now have improved visual representations that are more distinguishable from the background.
- Guides now shine through geometry in cases of intersections. This helps to better understand the location and orientation of guides in 3D.
- Fixed a bug in which the guides temporarily disappeared during navigation in the Viewport.
- The previous release introduced the planar drawing mode (press T while using a drawing tool). The cursor icon now contains an indicator to clearly show the active drawing mode.
- The polygonal drawing tool now closes the polygon with a double-click.
- Fixed a bug in the polygonal drawing tool in which shape creation failed in some cases with overlapping arcs.
- Fixed a bug in which after undoing an arc, the tangent handle pointed in the wrong direction.
- The polygonal drawing tools now yield more robust results as the creation of very small segments is prevented.
- When using the circle drawing tool, the preview shape is now filled. This helps to better understand where the new circle will intersect with surrounding geometry.
- A bug has been fixed in which snapping to invisible edges (of the triangulated geometry) erroneously occurred.
- Instead of a distinct first and a second click, the circle and rectangle drawing tools now work as expected when you perform click and drag action. The polygonal drawing tool has been updated to behave similarly.
- A bug has been fixed in which switching between tools and using undo caused an error.
- Closing a scene while drawing a polygonal shape no longer causes an error.
- An issue has been fixed in which rotating a bookmark did not work as expected.
- Fixed a bug in the polygonal drawing tool in which undo on overlapping segments behaved wrong.
- Fixed a bug in the polygonal drawing tool in which an invalid laserline was shown when doing push/pull operations.
- Fixed an issue that caused errors while drawing streets.
Import and export of 3D data
- Exported CityEngine models can now be imported into any Unreal Studio project as CityEngine now also writes shaders. Consequently, the CityEngine Model Loader template is no longer needed.
- The terrain heightmap is no longer rescaled randomly.
- The exporter is now based on the Unreal 4.23 Datasmith SDK.
- The absence of UV sets is now handled correctly.
- Fixed precision issue with instances.
- Fixed file name legalizer bug, which created “_png” instead of “.png” in the file name.
- Optimized the export of instances with different materials.
- The exporter now checks the opacity map pixels to set the default transparency mode (opaque or blend or masked) for best rendering performance.
Scene layer package (SLPK) exporter
- The SLPK exporter now writes the i3s 1.7 format, which supports PBR (physically based rendering) materials and has better loading performance.
- Memory consumption with many/large textures has been reduced and the texture atlas composition has improved. Additionally, the texture sizes within the atlas have improved.
- Added support for PBR materials.
- Added support for Domains for Boolean attributes.
- Removed texture quality option and replaced it with a new option to control the resulting file size.
- Fixed the handling of PNG textures. This makes the resulting scene layers compatible with Portal for ArcGIS 10.7.
- Improved screen size heuristic (for LOD switching in viewers).
- Improved handling of degenerated texture coordinates.
- Fixed an issue that caused wrong materials in intermediate levels.
- Fixed a bug in “Features per leaf shape” that crashed in some cases if reports were emitted.
- Fixed an issue in which temporary files were not deleted from disk.
- Fixed a bug that caused crashes if the resulting SLPK file was too large.
- Fixed bugs that caused errors in ArcGIS Pro.
- The FileGDB exporter now puts all mesh triangle polygons into triangle multipatch parts.
- Fixed an issue in which importing an OBJ file caused an error.
- Improved importing nongeoreferenced 3D data with drag and drop or the dialog so the resulting position of the model is more intuitive. This prevents the “Object is too far away for scene content”. errors in many cases.